Hi

I´ve been using an Atheros 9285 chipset in a 2.6.32-32 kernel with ath9k
and two virtual interfaces, one in ad-hoc mode and the other in master
mode using hostapd. That configuration worked fine, with some computers
connected to the Acces Point and others to the IBSS running in the
ad-hoc interface. The only problem was that when bringing up the IBSS
(using iw) the interface using hostapd stopped sending beacons, but as
far as i understood all kept working thanks to the probe requests and

Then i upgraded the ath9k driver using compat wireless-2.6.32.16 and all
worked like before. But when i used the ath9k driver of compat
wireless-2.6.39-1 i couldn ´t bring the IBSS up when the hostapd was
running (i could bring the ad hoc interface up, but not the IBSS with
"iw ibss join"). I´d like to know if this configuration is not supported
or will not be supported anymore, and if it could be possible to have
the AP beaconing together with an IBSS. Thank you!