* On 23.07.2011 07:12 AM, Lito Kriara wrote:
> I have an issue with some AR9380 cards I am using.
> [...]
> ESSID:"\x05\xEF\xF7\x00\xE9\xA1:\xE5\xCA\x0B\xCB\xD0HGd\xBD\x1F#\x1E\xA8\x1C{d\xC5\x14sZ\xC5^Kyc"
> [...]
> Does anyone have any idea on how could I fix that?

Wow, interesting. What Kernel version and driver are you using?
In-kernel ath9k? Compat wireless?

> * The second problem I am facing is that when I have the laptop in AP
> mode and I have a board as a station that connects to the AP,

Just to make that clear, all laptops and boards and whatnot are equipped
with AR9380 cards?
Again the same question... same on OS every machine? :)

Doesn't seem so, especially as laptop <-> laptop is working (though not
for long.)

Btw: do you use several cards in the same machine on the same base
frequency (i.e. 2.4GHz?)

Also please post your hostapd.conf (w/o comments and blank lines.)

Best regards,

Mihai