On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Fred Matthews <fre...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I would heavily appreciate any response to my query regarding ath9k
> -rate-control.

a basic outline, is a packet is tried at some rate(highest rate) and
the hw reports Tx Ack status and based on this PER(Packet Error is
updated)... and if the PER goes high we may switch to a lower rate
...  the rate probing interval is 50ms .. for aggregated frames we
take care of failed subframes and calculate PER..
please go through rc.h, rc.c and xmit.c which will more idea than what
i had told(or I could have said some thing incorrect)

> Many thanks
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Fred Matthews <fre...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anyone advise on what rate control mechanism ath9k-rate-control is
>> based on, as for example Atheros chipsets use "Onoe", and Minstrel
>> Rate Adaptation, from what I know is based on "SampleRate".
>>
>> Also is there any documentation on the ath9k-rate-control algorithm,
>> and/or can someone give a general idea of how the algorithm works.
>>
>> Thank you very much

shafi