> Both interfaces are in station mode.
>
> The APs (simulated with Atheros adapters on a different machine)
> constantly go up and down and change encryption settings, frequency and
> 802.11n mode (also changing BSSID everytime they came up in a new
> configuraiton).

Hi Catalin,

 I am unable to recreate the issue here. I just had tried with one
station AR9280 in a reasonably noisy environment and sending UDP
traffic. I am in wireless-testing 3.1.0-rc1-wl, compiled from the
updates obtained few days before.
i found from your lspci you have two AR9280 cards active in your
machine(may be one inbuilt?) and sending traffic, I cannot simulate
the same scenario here. I started to looking at the code and see if
there is anything missing.
i will also keep running the test.
if you are able to recreate the issue with the issue by running a
simple UDP traffic between 1 STA and 1 AP it will be great.
please try to use the bleeding edge compat-wireless
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2
and please post the panic trace.
if you are used to compile wireless-testing, please pull the latest
version and obtain the call trace. so that I may able to get the exact
line where the kernel is getting paniced with gdb. I am just assuming
whatever call trace you had given for debugging. hope i would get the
issue here. thanks for your help!

--
shafi