Just as a follow-up to let future readers know what I did.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 16 September 2011 01:00, Daniel Smith <viscous.liq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can't help with the radiotap stuff, sorry.

No problem, that was provided more for context of what I am doing.
Which I already had the radiotap portion written.

> Yes, it looks like the TPC value being written to the TX frame is the raw
> value.
> If there are any corrections that need to be applied, such as the -5
> dBm offset in Merlin and later; CCK differences, some differences with
> AR9285 calibration values, etc - these need to be written out too.
>
> Sorry I can't be more help at the moment; just look at the code which
> configures the current and the maximum TX power values in the eeprom.c
> files.

So looking that the set_txpower for each type of eeprom, they
apparently do basically the same thing except for the 9003_eeprom.
Just before writing the rate power array, it iterates over the array
doing a -= {factor} * 2 where factor is either a define with a value
of -5 or the value in EEP_PWR_TABLE_OFFSET. For the 9285 I deal with
that has an 4k eeprom (which uses a define for the factor),
EEP_PWR_TABLE_OFFSET also has a value of -5. So I just went with using
EEP_PWR_TABLE_OFFSET * 2 for my offset, but will have to do something
more complicated when I have to start dealing with cards using the
9003_eeprom.

Daniel