Julien Valroff wrote:
> I have tried and captured the association process from my 2 other laptops
> using wireshark, but unfortunately, I am unable to capture packets in
> monitoring mode: in Wireshark, the box is not greyed out, but I cannot tick
> it.

I think it is important to iwconfig eth1 mode monitor before you run
ip link set dev eth1 up, and once you have done that it does not
matter what settings wireshark does or does not do, the mode can't be
changed when the interface is up, so just starting the capture should
work.

> When the association succeeds, I notice the MAC address of the AP
> changes:
..
> Before the association:
> Cell 01 - Address: BA:F4:8A:C6:C8:44
..
> After the succeeded association:
> Cell 04 - Address: C6:6E:27:A6:BE:A4

Which is the actual correct address of your AP? I would expect
c6-6e-27, but the IEEE OUI listing does not have a match for it!

http://standards.ieee.org/cgi-bin/ouisearch?c6-6e-27

> How is this possible?

I guess some fundamental data corruption problem in ath9k. I'm not
surprised at all, although developers claim that by now the code
quality is good. This is a total BS error. I could rant for forever.

> Please continue and CC me as I am not subscribed to the list.

I would try FreeBSD on that machine. I believe the driver there is
more reliable, and using it can allow you to get more concrete help
from Adrian in case the problem is seen also there.

//Peter