Hi,

  Some time (usually soon after connect) to AP (ar9102, client - Intel
5300) link experiences extreme delays. Pings take several seconds to
return. Once link went into this state it stays there, and only
disconnection/reconnection helps. I'm using Trendnet TEW632 with
latest openwrt on router and latest compat-wireless on client. Problem
persists for quite a long time without any real success fixing it. Or
maybe those are different problems over time which just happen to
manifest themselves in same way - huge link delays.

  At those moments in router's logs I see lots of these messages:

Nov 15 23:25:37 router kern.debug kernel: ieee80211 phy0: dropped TX
filtered frame, queue_len=0 PS=0 @4302349
Nov 15 23:25:39 router kern.debug kernel: ieee80211 phy0: dropped TX
filtered frame, queue_len=0 PS=0 @4302599
Nov 15 23:26:27 router kern.debug kernel: ieee80211 phy0: dropped TX
filtered frame, queue_len=0 PS=0 @4307418
Nov 15 23:26:33 router kern.debug kernel: ieee80211 phy0: dropped TX
filtered frame, queue_len=0 PS=0 @4307954

  Brief look at the code gave me an impression that TX filtering
normally occurs when client's card goes to power saving state. I have
power saving option turned off on my Intel card. Are there any other
cases when hardware can filter TX packets with such message?

  I would really appreciate any help or information. Als, if there is
any interest I can provide more details about setup and describe
problem in more detail.
  Thanks.

--
Truthfully yours,