On 2012-03-01 3:46 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Mohammed Shafi wrote:
>> disabling power save would be a nice idea,  to see if this issue
>> disappears.
>
> I can not understand why Atheros insists on recommending "disable
> power saving" in response to this error which has been pouring out
> of ath9k hardware and driver for YEARS!
>
> It's baffling.
>
> Work with someone who has hardware clue and just fix the problem.
If you weren't so locked up in your bitching and moaning habit, you
might have noticed that just because the error messages are similar does
not mean that it's just one bug that has been lurking in the driver for
years.

Just because one ore more symptoms are the same does not mean that the
issue has just one cause, or always leads to the same connectivity issues.

I remember at least 5 different issues that I fixed myself, which had
all led to these exact symptoms, but were otherwise unrelated to each
other and had different side effects.

On most chips with recent kernels, these issues tend to not be fatal
anymore, and at least on embedded hardware it's getting much harder to
find people that can still produce connection stability issues.

Sometimes I wonder why you keep wasting your energy on these rants,
which do *nothing* to fix the underlying issues. In fact, while I'm
writing this I wonder why I bother to respond, but I guess my answer is
simply to provide some perspective for people that might stumble upon
one of your mindless rants for the first time.

If your intention really is to improve the situation, then please use
your time to do something useful instead of writing such garbage.

>From what I can see, the recommendation to try disabling powersave is
actually useful for narrowing down the source of this issue...

- Felix