Sujith Manoharan wrote:
> I don't think anyone is misunderstanding anything about you, or
> what you write.

Sadly I don't know you guys, have only very briefly met Felix, and
from merely the discussions on the list there's only very little that
can be understood about me, as with everyone else. I think it would
be great to meet and chat about other things, but the community is
pretty small.

Anyway, I try to write very clearly, if inconveniently blunt at
times. And from Felix' response it seemed that he had misunderstood,
so I tried to clarify that I do not consider anything impossible.

My point is about quickly and reliably getting to the bottom of an
issue. I will take too much data over not enough data every time.

If it's possible to work with a complete picture, with both desired
and actual results in both driver and hardware, then the output of
the debugging effort ends up being excellent, and more will have been
learned underway by all involved than otherwise, which in turn leads
to even better understanding and quality in the future. But of course
there's always a tradeoff involved when determining how much time to
spend.

//Peter