>From your email I gather I have a RFKILL switch but it needs to be
"enabled" in the device driver. I will scour  the ath9k source code for
this config.

Thank you for your input.

Hasan R.

From: adrian.ch...@gmail.com [mailto:adrian.ch...@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Adrian Chadd
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:18 PM
To: Hasan Rashid
Cc: ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org
Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] Atheros AR9382 W_DISABLE_L PIN 20 Mini-PCIe

Hi,

So the 30 second version of rfkill is this:

* it can be software driven (ie, the driver implements rfkill by
stopping TX/RX and baseband activity, possibly shutting down the NIC)

* it can be hardware driven (ie, there's an RFKill line to the NIC via a
GPIO pin)

The pin itself can be controlled by:

* hardware - ie, a physical switch to the rfkill pin;

* software - ie, some ACPI controlled function maps to the rfkill pin.

What you have above seems to be (2) and (1) respectively - ie, that pin
is mapped to GPIO7 on the NIC, and now you need to program GPIO7 to be
an RFkill pin. There's code in ath9k somewhere to configure the GPIO pin
correctly to implement hardware rfkill.

Good luck!

Adrian

This communication contains information that may be confidential or privileged.
The information is solely intended for the use of the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copy, distribution, or
use of the contents of this communication is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in
error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or by electronic mail.