You are right,
I have used; ath9k_hw_computetxtime()
ath_pkt_duration()

for data packets.
I have questions for RTS, ACK :

(1) I don't know if they use short/long preamble ?
There is no  40mhz ,gi for control packets, as far I can think
ath9k_hw_computetxtime() uses ieee80211_rate->bitrate {a value in kbps) as
the input, and there is no index used, unlike in this case, there is an
index used in ath_buf_set_rate()
<code>
  info->rtscts_rate = rate->hw_value;
</code>

(2) Do I subtract 1 ACK frame from the timestamp of ath_tx_status
If yes, I can't find the hw rate index for bitrate of ACK !
Thomas (another person who responded on the list) said its 6 Mbps, but what
can I use as the index ?

Awaiting response !
-Abhinav