On 27 April 2013 09:00, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 27 April 2013 01:55, Oleksij Rempel <li...@rempel-privat.de> wrote:
>
>>> There's an "STBC received" status flag in the RX decriptor? Where?
>>
>> 7. Word, 3. bit.
>
> Where'd you source that from?
>
> The datasheets don't say that. :)

Hey look! The datasheets are wrong. Shocking!

I went digging through some internal stuff and I found that you're
actually right, and right for the AR9280 and later chips.

For the AR9280 and later:

3       3       stbc                    Receive packet STBC indicator.
 If this value is set then the
                                        baseband has received an STBC
frames as indicated in the HT_PLCP.

So, if you want to patch the pre-AR9380 path in mac80211, you should
check that the chip is at least an AR9280. AR9285 and AR9287 is fine.
AR5416/AR9130/AR9160 isn't - those chips don't support STBC RX.

Grr, another thing to add to FreeBSD today. :-)

Adrian