On 04/30/2013 11:05 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 04/28/2013 08:05 AM, Ben Greear wrote:

>>> I've never seen this one. Please use gdb to figure out the source code
>>> line that the NULL pointer deref happens in.
>>> As for the 'keycache entry 228 out of range' stuff, I'm going to send a
>>> patch for that now.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I'm away from the office for a bit, but will build a debugging kernel
>> and crank on this early next week.
>
> Ok, this is against a modified 3.9.0 tree.  My patches are here:
>
> http://dmz2.candelatech.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-3.9.dev.y/.git;a=summary
>
> I'm going to try reproducing against upstream 3.9.0 (using a smaller number of
> stations since upstream doesn't have needed optimizations to make it work on
> my hardware...)

With the wpa_supplicant optimizations I posted yesterday, I can
reproduce the crash on a standard 3.9.0 kernel with the regdomain
patch AND the "mac80211: Add per-sdata station hash, and sdata hash."

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2482351/

I was not able to reproduce this without the hash optimization patch,
so either it's buggy, or it just makes things a lot faster and that
triggers bugs in ath9k more easily.....

Thanks,
Ben

--