Am 02.05.2013 22:15, schrieb Adrian Chadd:
> Well, let's dig into the firmware a bit more and tidy up how STBC is handled.

Does it mean, i should change this patch and provide a patch for
firmware too?
I still do not think, changing peer caps i a good idea in any case.
I mena this part of patch:
+               if (sta->ht_cap.cap & IEEE80211_HT_CAP_TX_STBC)
+                       caps |= WLAN_RC_TX_STBC_FLAG;

Behaviour with this patch will be fallowing:
- peer provide caps, even if it is RX-STBC12
- we pass this information to firmware and ratecontroller of FW, do
right decision based on hardware it has.

You suggestion, if i understand it correctly, is to filter caps:
- if peer provide more than we can, we should tell firmware the value
what we can. So, if peer say it can RX-STBC12, we should tell firmware
that peer is RX-STBC1.
In my opinion, this kind of filter is a source for hidden errors.
--
Regards,
Oleksij