I reset my router to the default netgear firmware and found the issue
still continues.

After seeing this message board post :
<https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=137643>
I set an option for ath9k_htc to "nohwcrypt=1". I will see how it goes
in terms of stability. In addition, I was wondering if one could tell me
what that option means.

--
Mark E. Lee <m...@markelee.com>