Ruwaifa Anwar <ruwaifa.anwar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> We tried changing backoff value range through this function in mac.c
>
> REG_WRITE(ah, AR_DLCL_IFS(q),
> SM(cwMin, AR_D_LCL_IFS_CWMIN) |
> SM(qi->tqi_cwmax, AR_D_LCL_IFS_CWMAX) |
> SM(qi->tqi_aifs, AR_D_LCL_IFS_AIFS));
>
> Setting using 1,1 in place of cwMin and qi->tqi_cwmax respectively is giving
> almost the same throughput as with 1, 1023. Doesn't this mean, backoff
window
> range is not changing properly? What is the correct way to do this.

By calculating number of MPDUs successfully completed per unit time.

Secondly i want to claritfy one more thing
As you said in previous posts that this alters backoff window for all frames
in a queue. What happens if there's a long retry, will hardware still use the
given values or use exponentially increased values of cwmin and cwmax