On 2013-07-19 4:58 PM, Sergey Ryazanov wrote:
> 2013/7/19 Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>:
>> On 07/19/2013 06:36 AM, Flavio Leonel wrote:
>>> Ok i know that but the command iw not permited set sensitivity limit
>>>
>>> how i can seting this limit on atth9k , this question..
>>
>> I tried messing with this some months ago and got nowhere.  I could
>> not figure any way to make the NIC ignore fainter signals, and I am
>> not sure it is possible to make the hardware do this...
>>

> At least 5k chips have a special register for CCA threshold
> configuration. Modern 9k chips have not inherited this register?
The CCA threshold is not the same as the threshold for signal detection.
In many ways, 5k and 9k cards have a somewhat similar set of registers
to configure various aspects of detection sensitivity. Some of those are
set in the initvals, some are controlled by ANI.
The main issue is that the driver does not expose any convenient knobs
to control this.

- Felix