Hi,

My configuration: I want to use a Netgear WNA 1100 (VID_0x846 PID_0x9030) into
a Debian Wheezy virtual machine (with VMware Workstation 10). Host is Windows
XP.

I got the "ath9k_htc: Firmware - htc_9271.fw download failed" issue on boot.
However if I reconnect the USB adapter driver is pushed and network device is
available. Issue happen 90% when VM boot.

I tried to move the firmware from /lib/firmware/ to /usr/local/lib/firmware and
it appears that the issue happen just 50% of time. That's quite strange.

Is there a workaround for this issue ? Is there a way into guest Linux to force
usb to remount usb device and retry pushing the firmware ?

Regards