Hello,

We use the Ath9k driver for our 802.11 research projects. We transmit
every frame using a new transmission rate (MCS, short GI, HT20/40). We
cycle through all different rates (96 rates in our 3x3:3 testbed).
We noticed that when we change the transmission configuration (i.e. from
Short GI to Long GI, and from HT40 to HT20) the next packet is sent at
the previous configuration.

MCS    S-GI    HT40
12        1            0
12        1            0
12        1            0
6          1            0  <--- supposed to be 6  0  0  (The sender
claims that this frame was sent using L-GI)
6          0            0
6          0            0

It seems that the hardware did not have time to switch the
configuration. Does anyone know if this is the actual reason and if
there is any solution?

Thank you,
Ali