Hello,

I have been working on an iMX6 Sabrelite for some time now, and am using a
AR9271 USB dongle to create two virtual interfaces. One as an AP and the
other as a station. Everything seems to be working great.

Recently I have been trying to filter out my AP from a list of AP's from
the *"iw dev wlanX scan"*, figured out I need to add Vendor Specific
information element so that they would be added to the beacon and probe
response.

I read that it can be done both from kernel space and user space, added the
vendor_elements=dd.. (default something copied from a post) to the hostapd
config, and restarted it a few times but it did not have any effect on the
scan output.

Any pointers as to where I can add it in Kernel space, or maybe the driver
itself? Or any other directions I should look into?

Regards
Rahul Panda
Ahmedabad, India.