Hi,

I may be trying something unsupported here, but thought I would ask the
question anyway.

With ath9k_htc it seems easy enough to create two virtual interfaces, one in AP
mode, and one in Station mode.

Using hostapd 2.3 to get rid of the requirement for a monitor interface (it
seems only two VIFs are possible), then I can create a VIF to run hostapd on
happily.
I can also create a 2nd VIF, and I can ifconfig it up with an address.
However I can't use wpa_supplicant with it:
adhoc0: State: SCANNING -> AUTHENTICATING
EAPOL: External notification - EAP success=0
EAPOL: Supplicant port status: Unauthorized
EAPOL: External notification - EAP fail=0
EAPOL: Supplicant port status: Unauthorized
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
EAPOL: Supplicant port status: Unauthorized
nl80211: Authenticate (ifindex=7)
  * bssid=00:33:bb:f8:e5:ba
  * freq=2437
  * SSID - hexdump_ascii(len=7):
     XX XX XX XX XX XX XX                              XXXXX
  * IEs - hexdump(len=0): [NULL]
  * Auth Type 0
nl80211: MLME command failed: ret=-16 (Device or resource busy)
adhoc0: SME: Authentication request to the driver failed
Added BSSID XXXXXXX into blacklist

Similarly if hostapd is not running, and wpa_supplicant is started (which will
now work), hostapd will not start on it's VIF.

I'm running on 3.12.29 (on arm) with the current version of the firmware from
https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware

Am I missing a trick here, or is this something that simply doesn't work with
ath9k_htc?

Thanks,

Matt