On 30 October 2014 08:48, Ali Abedi <a2ab...@uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>

> We observed that this can happen for any rate for some SNR values.
> If the SNR is strong enough for the given MCS this won't happen.
> But when the SNR approaches the transition region when
> error rate starts to increase, this problem will be observed.
>
> So this can happen even for MCS0->MCS4 when the client is far from the AP
> and specially when it's moving.

Right. That's the missing useful information here. :)

Yes, I'd expect this happens whilst the client is moving. The training
stuff is all done on the beginning of the packet and channel
conditions aren't adjusted during packet reception - only upon the
next received packet.

(FYI - I've seen a similar pattern, but when i stand between the AP /
STA at > MCS13 and start waving my hands around. Just that slight
change in channel conditions == the above failure.)

So thanks for reminding us that we should take A-MPDU length into
account in our rate control code. :)

-adrian