Hello,

I am using a TL-WN722N for a Wi-Fi ToF project; the SOC is AR9271 and I
obtained the ath9k_htc source code via backports version 3.17.1-1. For ToF
measurements, the higher the clock rate of the SOC, the better, and I know
that AR9271 has a 117 MHz one.
Reading through the code, in file ath/ath9k/hw.c, function
ath9k_hw_set_clockrate [1] there is no entry for AS_SREV_9271, leaving the
clockrate to be 44MHz in the common structure and throughout execution.
The 117MHz setting is done later in the code by writing to a registry [2].

I am wondering why the writing to the registry is not reflected in the
common structure as well.

[1]
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c#L39
[2]