Hello, All,

I have a configuration where I want to use an AR9283 device in a Diversity
only scenario (without MIMO). Radio chipset is connected to an AR7241 SoC
and is running OpenWRT Linux distro.

Device is being used as bridged station (Not AP) and has 2 chains,
connected to different antennas, with different lines of sight (MIMO does
not seem to work efficiently on this configuration).

Since I am not able to disable chain0 from the nl80211 interface (using iw
command), I was considering changing the  AR9280_PHY_RXGAIN_TXRX_ATTEN and
AR_PHY_SWITCH_CHAIN_0

I would like to have a configuration where  the firmware with the help of a
userspace application would pickup the radio that has the best coverage to
the current access point, as suggested by AdrianChadd on this link:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/ath_hal%284%29/AntennaDiversityAR5416Slow

I tried writing some values to the AR9280_PHY_RXGAIN_TXRX_ATTEN and also to
the AR_PHY_SWITCH_CHAIN_0 registers but the values I used do not seem to
make any difference on the behavior of chain0 or chain1.

How are the values I write on AR9280_PHY_RXGAIN_TXRX_ATTEN and
AR_PHY_SWITCH_CHAIN_0 registers translated inside the Qualcomm Atheros
AR9283?

Is there any documentation publicly available explaining how that works?

Thanks in advance,

Luiz Oliveira Neto