Hello everyone,

I have been working around a bad behaviour with Linux Penguin's
TPE-NUSBDB, that uses AR7010 and AR9280 chips.  I have found that
cfg80211 reports weird tx bitrates when the device is  operating at mesh
mode at 5GHz band. From inside mac80211, the reported rate is zero,
which makes it lethal to calculate a frame duration due to div by zero.
>From iw part, the reported values is sometimes "518", sometimes  just
invalid characters. I have checked that it only happens at 5GHz.

###
$ iw --version
iw version 4.1

$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 3.10-3-rpi #1 Debian 3.10.11-1+rpi7 (2014-05-05)
armv6l  GNU/Linux

$ iw dev mesh0 station dump
Station e0:ca:94:5f:xx:xx (on mesh0)
[...]
tx bitrate:    518.0 MBit/s
rx bitrate:    6.0 MBit/s
###

By the moment I haven't been able to test it in a newer kernel. For mesh
mode to work, I need to disable "no-IR" flag configuring a new db.txt
for CRDA.

I have read "usb related issues" on ath9k_htc firmware github page
(https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/wiki/usb-related-issues)
but I can't relate directly any of them to my problem. Is this already
covered?

Thank you in advance for your time and work!
Ferran