Hi,

I have a Nexus 7 2012 Grouper tablet running Cyanogenmod 12.1 (Android).I am
trying to plugin a wifi USB dongle to my Nexus 7 Grouper and use it as a second
wifi interface.
As part of this exercise I need to enable the support for ATH9K_HTC driver for
Atheros AR9271 chipset.
I added following four config options in
arch/arm/configs/cyanogenmod_grouper_defconfig:
CONFIG_ATH_COMMON=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_HW=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_COMMON=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_HTC=m

Then I follow the steps to build the CM image as given in
https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_grouper.
After downloading the new CM image onto the device I don't see the modules
related to ath9k_htc in /systems/lib/modules/.
When I look at the
android/system/out/target/product/grouper/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config the options
related to ATH9K_XX
are missing. Out of the four options I only see CONFIG_ATH_COMMON=m.

Questions is:

Why ATH9K_XXX related config is removed before building the kernel? Who is
removing them?

Has anyone successfully built Cyanogenmod 12.1 with ATH9K_XXX modules?

AM I missing something that is essential to get these modules included as part
of the Cyanogenmod 12.1 image?

Best Regards,-Rafiq.