James M Snell wrote:
This is mainly coming up in the context of tagging. I want to be able to specify a tag and a URI that can be used to request a list of other items associated with that tag.

Having an href attribute on the Category element strikes me as an obviously useful thing that we need to make sure gets into a future update of the specification.

You've got to be kidding. Worst case you stick a couple of related link elements at the top of your feed for category specific feeds. Better would be to toss them on your webpage somewhere where a user might actually see them. An extra attribute in every category of every element which nobody is ever going to see strikes me as insane.

The category element has some major problems, but this isn't one of them.

Regards
James