Hahaha! It's RSS all over again. In the words of Mark Pilgrim: "Here's something that might be HTML. Or maybe not. I can't tell you, and you can't guess." :-)

Seriously though, the atom:name element is described as "a human-readable name", so unless your name really is "Betrand Caf&eacture;" that can't be right. If RFC4287 had intended to allow markup in the element it would have used atomTextConstruct.

Regards
James

Eric Scheid wrote:
If I have an author with the name "Bertrand Café", is it acceptable to put
that into atom:author like this;

   <author><name><![CDATA[Bertrand Caf&eacute;]]></name></author>