Antone Roundy wrote:
> With respect to the issue of aggregate feeds, I had thought
> that the existence of an atom:source element at the entry
> level blocked any "inheritance" of the feed metadata, but
> looking at RFC 4287, I don't see that explicitly stated.
        It's not explicit, but it is implicit. The <source/> element
preserves the entry's feed metadata. Thus, to find the feed metadata
associated with an entry which has an atom:source, you should look to the
preserved data in the atom:source element (or the source feed itself...) --
you should NOT look to the metadata of the feed within which you found the
entry.
        Atom:source says, essentially: "This entry is not of this feed. It
is foreign and should be interpreted as such." Thus, the feed metadata of
the containing feed should never be allowed to leak into the interpretation
of an entry which contains an atom:source. To do so would make syndication,
aggregation, etc. a complete mess.

        bob wyman