Paul Hoffman wrote:
At 6:23 PM +0000 10/2/06, Robert Sayre wrote:
That's unfortunate. A documented process is a requirement for open standards
development, in the opinion of many

If it is a true requirement, then I guess the IETF is an abysmal failure. Oh, well.

Well, openness is only one metric.

"needed to display" is often an issue the IETF ignores, so we might avoid it if the desire is to get to Draft Standard.

But Julian's second message needs to be dealt with first, and I assure you that many of those documents are not going to be going to Draft Standard any time soon (if ever) because there is no energy to test every required feature in the documents.

Well, I figured it might make sense to advance something that pretty much works. I now see how foolish that idea was. Cycling at proposed will be fine.

Robert Sayre