Well I share the concern because while developing amplee I ran into
issues like that. My conclusion was to apply HTTP error handling where I
could and where it made sense and leave the rest to the application
developer using amplee.

For instance return one of the 4xx error code when I meeting the
condition for it (missing Content-Length or Content-Type, etc.)

Since I started this thread I thought about it and I realized that an
APP implementation could not foresee how it would be used and in which
context. Thus it cannot safely make a decision in every use case. What
amplee does is to provide callbacks to the developer who can then decide
how to proceed.

- Sylvain