I have a serious question about a way to map UIDs inside the container to
UIDs outside it. And a way to specify UID for mounted volumes like /data/
and /app/code/

Let's look to the topic from developer point of view.

I have vagrant sshfs mouting my home into the box.

My home have volumes owned by me with uid=1001. Also it have my ide and my
code.

I have a container that have a user called app with uid=1000 and have an
old clone in /app/code/

I'm mounting /home/ali/volumes/proj1 into /data/
And sometimes /home/ali/workspace/proj1 into /app/code

The problem is we can't specify uid of those mounts inside the containers.

One way is to sed /etc/passwd to change uid of the in container app user

But in that case we need to chmod /app/code from old uid before sed to new
one.
Which require writable container.

The otherway is to keep app uid as is but to chown /data (passed from
outside) to uid 1000 (app) which would create a problem outside.

If we can specify uid when mounting that would solve the problem.