Axel:

I'm not sure this should go to your devel list, but since it has to do
with the "bleeding" repository, I didn't want to confuse the user
list.

I've installed mythtv 0.23_0-0.24-231_trunk_r24170.fc12.x86_64 and
I've run into a problem similar to that found here:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-April/286722.html

It seems that when using the init script to start mythbackend, it
fails (possibly due to an incorrectly set user variable).  I can start
it from the command line (as root), without issue, but starting from
the init script leaves the following in mythbackend.log:

2010-04-19 11:57:10.277 DB Error (Error in JobQueue::GetJobs(), Unable
to query list of Jobs in Queue.):
Query was:
SELECT j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime, j.type, j.cmds,
j.flags, j.status, j.statustime, j.hostname, j.args, j.comment,
r.endtime, j.schedruntime FROM jobqueue j LEFT JOIN recorded r   ON
j.chanid = r.chanid AND j.starttime = r.starttime ORDER BY
j.schedruntime, j.id;
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

There was a fix posted a few days ago for Mythbuntu here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/546616, but I'm lost at init
scripts and mythbuntu clearly uses a different process from Fedora.

I'm happy to help with as much debugging info as needed.  Since this
is on a test system, it's not crucial that it work.

Thanks for your help.

George