Hi Paulo,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:36:41PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Hi, Axel
>
> I managed to run vlc 1.1.0 on rhel 5. However,
> it is necessary to upgrade/supply 5 new dependencies:
>

> 1) http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/xcb-proto-1.1-1.fc8.src.rpm
>
> 2)
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/xorg-x11-xtrans-devel-1.0.3-5.fc8.src.rpm
>
> 3) http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/libxcb-1.1-2.el5.src.rpm
>
> 4) http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/xcb-util-0.3.1-2.el5.src.rpm
>
> 5) http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/libX11-1.1.3-4.el5.src.rpm

I had merged your previous specfile with mine and then proceeded on a
similar path. I tried to remove the python >= 2.5 requirements, and
managed to do so with xcb-proto and libxcb but failed with xcb-util.

The above scheme replaces libX11, isn't there a way w/o doing that?
Maybe a python25 package?

> Now, it is up to you, build vlc 1.1.0 for rhel 5 or not.

I have a build with revamped dependencies but w/o xcb. I'm not sure
this is worth anything, so I'm going to just place it in bleeding for
testing purposes.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net