On 08/11/2010 14:34, Brian Long wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else has tried installing MythTV on a
bare-bones F14 install.  I'm playing with an 8GB USB stick, so I
installed Fedora minimal and I'm building from there.  When I
installed mythtv, it didn't bring in the required fonts for the
themes, so when I try to start mythfrontend, it complains about
missing "Arial" and a few other things, then exits.

It appears to me that a certain assumption was made on requirements
when I look at the rpm -qR of the mythtv* RPMs; they don't require
basic things like xorg*, fonts, etc.  Is this because all the
requirements change names between RHEL&  Fedora and having the logic
inside the .spec would not be much fun?

It may be because MythTV doesn't depend on X, it can work with DirectFB.

Cheers,

John.