Hi Paulo,

I have tried to use it on F19. THANKS!!

I could not get it to start. It threw a very misleading error - "Failed to bind to 'localhost': No such file or directory", but the real reason was that the directory "/var/run/mpd" was not created.

This in it self has nothing to do with systemd as such, just because Fedora
introduced the empty /var at the same time (tmpfs mounted /var) .

Hope this clears it up?

Regards,
Kim

On 2013-07-25 12:25, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
Hi,

the version for F17 uses systemd, ant the other for rhel6, does not.

What version do you mean?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Kim Bisgaard <kim...@alleroedderne.adsl.dk
<mailto:kim...@alleroedderne.adsl.dk>> wrote:

    Hi Paulo,

    Could I persuade you to create the directory with the socket file in the
package? This prevents the package to work on distributions
    with systemd.

    The spec-file-fu is something like the following:
    file mpd.tpmfilesd with this line:
    d /var/run/mpd 0755 mpd audio -

    Source10: mpd.tmpfilesd

    %if %{with systemd}
    #install -p -D -m 644 %{SOURCE10} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_tmpfilesdir}/mpd.conf
    install -p -D -m 644 %{SOURCE10} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/tmpfiles.d/mpd.conf
    %endif

    Regards,
    Kim