Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ATrpms-users] 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:38:48PM +0800, Max Waterman wrote:
>> Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> I think this is the right doc:
>>>
>>> /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.15/Documentation/serial-console.txt
>>>
>> Ug. I have to recompile the kernel. Think I'll not bother with that. A
>> video camera would be much more convenient.
>>
>> I can't imagine why they don't compile this support in by default, so we
>> don't have to have a graphics card :|; but that's another thread, I guess.
>
> There's a new kernel w/o the smp vs up mismatch for x86_64, have you
> tried this one?

Ah, i just saw 'smart' download it, and was going to ask.

I actually don't have much direct access to the affected computer, so
it'd be useful to hear from the other guy who was seeing this problem
(assuming he has better access to his computer)...

If I try it and it doesn't work, I'm forced to make a trip to the
computer to fix it...unless there's a good way of reverting to an older
OS if booting a new one doesn't work....?

Max.