On 25/09/2006 5:42 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 05:33:20PM +1000, Paul wrote:

On 25/09/2006 5:24 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:08:23AM +1000, Paul wrote:

Is it possible to create these "backtraces" in the RPM version?
and is there a pointer how to do this?

Do you get any backtraces at all? The only thing you can do
additionally is to make these backtraces properly resolve to the
source code, e.g. add debugging symbols to them. That's what debuginfo
packages would do. Or you could rebuild mythtv and switch on "debug"
instead of "release".

I'm not sure are these Backtraces a file which gets saved when program
crashes? where do they sit normally when they are saved?

They are dumped to stdout, e.g. your terminal if invoked from there.

I guess I will have to update my frontend script to route that output to a file
would this work:
mythfrontend -l $logfile $options &> $foutput

Note: wouldn't you know I retested and now it works...  :)

oh well..

Paul