On 23/09/2006 4:40 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 07:39:52AM +1000, Paul wrote:

Axel,
    I've had no luck trying to get rid of this message when I do the
following yum command
I've tried yum clear all and deleting the whole yum cache dir but still
I get this error

Can anyone assist?

yum -e 0 -d 0 check-update

** Message: sqlite cache needs updating, reading in metadata
** Message: sqlite cache needs updating, reading in metadata

The error message comes from the following code but I have no clue what this means:
 in:	/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitecache.py

      if (checksum != dbchecksum):
            self.verbose_logger.debug("%s sqlite cache needs updating, reading in metadata",
                metadatatype)

Strange thing is that "metadatatype" seems to be empty. Otherwise it
would help identify what the issue is. But -e 0 -d 0 removes all
debugging/error/warning output, if you instead increase the values yum
will let you know more.

I re-ran with the following command (cron)

yum -e 9 -d 9 check-update
and got
** Message: sqlite cache needs updating, reading in metadata

Perhaps I should just >dev/nul output
Paul