> On 11/30/06, John Pilkington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I installed the Nvidia 9742 packages and tried nvidia-graphics-switch.
>> This told me that my Nvidia card has been moved to 'legacy' status -
>> which probably explains why I had no success with 9629, 9626.
>>
>> So I'm staying with 8776; please don't expire it!
>>
>> John P
>>

> Out of curiosity, what card do you have?
>
> Grant
Another apology - posted with no title - and later from the wrong account.

Sorry, should have said.  The Hardware browser sees it as

nVidia Corporation NV28 [GeForce Ti4200 AGP 8x]

Installed in Medion MD5000 box (Aldi, Jan 2003)

This ties in with the info here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html
but the quoted latest legacy driver is 7184.
I'm not aware of any problem with 8776.

John P