Hi,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 02:34:58AM -0600, john bray wrote:
> axel -
>
> i checked the new version of mplayer.  as you said we must have gotten
> to mplayer in a small timewarp.  :-D  thanks for your packaging efforts.
>
> i tested the new version of mencoder and it still doesn't have the x264
> support in it.  it complains thus:
>
> Exiting... (error parsing command line)
> MEncoder SVN-r29934-snapshot-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
> -x264enc is not an MEncoder option
>
> is there perhaps some build option turned off these days?

No, I checked the logs and they contain

[...]
Checking for x264 ... yes (in libavcodec: yes)
[...]
  Enabled optional drivers:
[...]
    Codecs: libschroedinger libdirac x264 xvid libdv libopencore_amrwb
libopencore_amrnb libavcodec(internal) real xanim faad2 faac musepack libdca
libmpeg2(internal) liba52(external) mp3lib(internal) libtheora speex
tremor(internal) twolame libmad liblzo gif

You can also try
$ mencoder -list-options|grep 264
 x264encopts          Func param      No         No         Yes   Yes   Yes
 ovc:x264             Flag            No         No         No    Yes   Yes

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net