On 02/12/2009 01:24, Brian Long wrote:
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <atr...@kosowsky.org <mailto:atr...@kosowsky.org>> wrote:

    That being the case it seems like the best solution is to either
    eliminate PIL if python-imaging has all the necessary functionality or
    alternatively make up a new python-imaging-extras package that just
    includes the files that may be missing in the Fedora version (or
    alternatively ask the Fedora maintainers to include them).

From my limited perspective, I agree. Axel, are you opposed to this solution or are you just waiting for a solution to be developed (i.e. a new spec for python-imaging-extras)?

That all sounds wonderful, but I've a feeling atrpms' PIL really is required for older releases, like EL4 and 5. I wonder whether the trick might perhaps be to tweak the rpm spec so the f10+ packages can be content with Fedora's python-imaging? I'm afraid I've little idea how to do this myself...

Cheers,

John.