2009/12/18 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <atr...@kosowsky.org>:
> I have a GeForce 6200 AGP card in a 7 year old Pentium 4 2800MHz
> system. I just upgraded to F12 and am wondering what driver series
> would be best.
>
> Now given my old/slow hardware, I define "best" as getting the most
> speed out of my hardware for video playback including DVDs and HD TV
> and am less focused on games or the latest bells & whistles.
>
> In particular, live digital TV is very iffy every ounce speed I can
> eek out of this old hardware and any work I can offload to the video
> card or eliminate from the CPU is helpful.
>
> nVidia's download selector recommends the latest 190.53 driver but
> their selector doesn't necessarily know about my situation.

Why wouldn't you trust nvidia? And why would their recommendation be
any different because you have an old system?
Selecting 6200 kind of tell right away that it's old :)

190.53 is the latest "official" driver supporting the 6200 cards.

The only hardware accelerated stuff for 6xxx series is XvMC ; so only
MPEG2 can be accelerated.

You won't be able to play any HD h264 videos with that system

Jean-Yves