Axel Thimm wrote at about 15:23:27 +0200 on Thursday, January 7, 2010:
 > On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 04:03:32AM -0500, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
 > > I realize this is definitely an unfair request... but the mythtv
 > > documentation WARNS against using mismatched release versions on the
 > > same system.
 > >
 > > So, other than doing all my own builds, I'm not sure what the best way
 > > is to have a synchronized linux and windows build of mythtv.
 > >
 > > Obviously, I have the linux version running on my server and powering
 > > the backend. But I would like to allow my less computer savvy family
 > > members to have mythtv frontends running on their Windows machines.
 > >
 > > So, is this of interest to enough people to make it worthwhile to have
 > > synchronized builds across the two platforms?
 >
 > It probably is, but I myself have no access to any Windows systems
 > capable of running/compiling mythtv, and even if the builds would not
 > be as easy scripted as they are now. Currently I just update the
 > sources and queue in the builds and a while later they pop up. Adding
 > Windows to keep alligned codebases would slow this down by a large
 > factor.
 >
 > Maybe you'd like a space on people.atrpms.net/~jkosowsky to upload
 > sync'd builds?

The problem is that the Windows build is apparently not for the faint
of heart (as evidenced by the long Wikki devoted just to building it)
and requires a pretty extensive Windows setup (which I don't have). To
quote the wikki:
          The "HOWTO" section below is LONG, painful, and easy
          to get wrong (and definitely a bit out of date! )"

So until I get the time (& courage) to do this, I realized that there
might be a simpler band-aid approach.

There is a fellow who maintains recent Windows builds on his website
and seems to put a lot of time into it
        http://members.iinet.net.au/~davco/

PERHAPS, you could set up a tree on atrpms labeled something like
mythtv-windows that would be a build against the same version that he
builds

Note he builds against both trunk & fixes -- and his latest builds
are:
                0.22-trunk r22916
                0.22-fixes r22888

Now if your automatic build system could be set to build against those
releases then this could actually be a good solution since he seems to
have more expertise and devote more time to doing this than I could
ever hope for.