2010/1/11 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <atr...@kosowsky.org>:
> According to the mythfrontend log, I am running release 22973 and
>  schema 1244
>                 mythfrontend version: branches/release-0-22-fixes/mythtv/
> [22973] www.mythtv.org
>                 Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1244
>

> Now the downloaded version I have for Windows claims to be 0.22-fixes
> revision 22888 yet be schema 1246!

That's most likely a trunk build (based on the SVN revision and DB
schema version). The current 0.22-fixes schema version is 1244 and the
22888 commit was against trunk.

> Is it really possible for a lower revision number to have a higher
> schema?

Not if it's untouched source from the same branch and the schema
version has not been erroneously updated during a developer commit.

However, it is possible for a higher SVN revision to have a lower DB
schema version _if_ you do not also take into account the branch the
code was bult from. This is due to the fact the revision numbers are
repository-wide (i.e. not specific to a particular branch such as
0.22-fixes or trunk) and increment whenever a commit is made anywhere
in the repository.

> I hadn't realized that it would be sooo hard to synch up windows and
> linux versions...

You may find more help with this issue if you send your
MythTV-specific questions to the mythtv-users mailing list

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott