I have the old setup in /etc/modprobe.conf

So far I think I tracked it down to this one problem.

I see this in Dmesg and I cannot find any solution anywhere to it.

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 248

tda18271: performing RF tracking filter calibration

lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver

lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0

fuse init (API version 7.11)

lirc_i2c: chip 0x10020 found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)

lirc_i2c: ir_probe: ir_attach failed!

I am not sure if the 248 means anything instead of 61 but I do not that the

Ir_attach failed! Is defintally the reason my remote is not controlling
anything.

Irw sits there but no remote commands work.

My homed serial blaster (change_chan.sh)

So far seams to change channels however I did have to make it use lircd
insead of lircd1 in order for it to work.

Any help is greatly appricated.

Steven.

Oh ya running a PVR-350 trying to get the IR Working again J

And using the serial blaster

Here is my modprobe.conf just in case.

#lirc module

alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c

alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial

options lirc_serial softcarrier=1 irq=3 io=0x2f8

#######IR setup####

install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_serial

# nvidia kernel module

alias char-major-195 nvidia-190_53

alias nvidia nvidia-190_53