Around about 20/01/10 22:22, Axel Thimm typed ...
So you are actually quite a bit behind, which makes your system
vulnerable as most non-plus updates are security ones. Make sure you
update against a fresh CentOS mirror, maybe you are using an old stale
one?

  Hmm.  OK, I came across while trying to *do an update.

 I'm currently using: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.3/updates/i386

.. which only goes up to 2.6.18-164, and that's actually back in September. I guess I should be using the /5/updates which has newer kernels.

  Thanks for the pointer.

As I have CentOS 5.3 installed, I thought 5.3/updates was the right path to use; any idea why it isn't?

--
[n...@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[n...@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature