On 13/05/2010 8:12 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Axel Thimm <axel.th...@atrpms.net
<mailto:axel.th...@atrpms.net>> wrote:

    On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 06:19:04PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
     > Sorry,
     >
     > but this version has the worst sound ever. Not only
     > the sound is out of sync most of the time, the same way as the
    233 was,
     > when using Pulseaudio:default, but the sound now presents a low
    frequency
     > distortion that makes all the voices completely different.
     >
     > The only way is going back to using dsp and ALSA:nopulse.

    Hi,

    did you hava had any luck with any prior 0.23 package, or is this a
    general 0.23 situation? BTW what distro did you test it with, F12?
    --
    Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Hi, Axel

the sound always worked for me using /dev/dsp. No problem at all.

If I change the device to Alsa in myth-setup and
use Pulseaudio:default in the frontend, the sound works
but out of sync (a known problem in myth 0.23, I guess).
Alsa:default did not work.

This was the situation with 233. With 234, the voices of
all characters are too low (in frequency), and also out of sync.
It is really weird. I can understand the words, but since I know
actor's voices, it is clearly that the voices are very different.

This is Fedora 12.

I am going to use dsp (oss) for now.

Alsa/pulse never worked well for me with 0.23. In general, live TV or
playing a record starts in sync, but as soon as I use forward/backward
or change channels, the sound goes out of sync.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

I have had various out of sync issues with 0.23 and 0.22 but occasional audio buffer issues ,ie frontend.log output "buffer" problems.
Having said this I haven't had any quality issues with sound just sync .

not sure if this is a consolation but 0.24 if you didn't know has plenty of re-writes to make it pulse compatible.
good luck

Paul W