On 19/05/10 20:30, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 09:51:21AM +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
I have mythtv 0.23-234 installed on f12 and CentOS5.5 boxes, with local
copies of downloaded packages in a smart rpm-dir cache.  Smart shows
the mythvideo and mythweather packages twice: once (uninstalled) as
existing in the ATrpms repo, and once (installed) as existing in the
RPM database and in the local cache.  All the other packages are
shown only once, as existing in all three places.

I'm not sure if this really did make it more difficult to ensure that
the right set of packages eventually got installed, but it had me
confused and seems worth a comment.

Doesn't really sound consistent - I would expect all mythtv packages
to behave the same way. Try smart clean and check again to see whether
it was a hickup in smart.

I moved the cached packages out and did a 'smart clean'. It made no difference. For just these two packages the RPM database and the repo are shown as distinct, with the repo instance always uninstalled. Uninstalling either of the instances shown as installed will uninstall mythplugins too; after that all three can all be reinstalled and we're back to the situation as described. :-)