The 20100616 release of the 'bijou' respin of MythTV 0.23 is now
available on atrpms-testing.

This release contains Jean-Yves Avenard's experimental audio filter to
remove, or at least minimize, the vuvuzela horn that is annoying World
Cup audiences worldwide. To enable it, choose "Enable vuvuzela filter"
in Setup|General|Audio System. This creates a new OSD menu entry,
"Toggle Vuvuzela Filter," which must be enabled for each recording
playback.

As I am not personally interested in the World Cup, I welcome reports
on the filter's effectiveness. Jean-Yves has reported that the
0.23-fixes version of the filter occasionally produces "distorted
sound," but in any case, the filter should not interfere with anyone
who does not enable it during playback.

This release also incorporates a small fix to mythcommflag (#8310)
that is now in -fixes.

Previous changelog for 'bijou' based on MythTV 0.23:
* Adjustments to ThreadedFileWriter's buffers. Significantly improves
recordings' integrity when destination disks are stressed, at the cost
of increased RAM usage. (That said, on my frontend/backend I've
recorded four HD streams at once without swapping.) My work.
* Three Hauppauge HD-PVR-related improvements. Two add signal
monitoring to HD-PVR tuning and also slightly benefit FireWire users
(#6719, #6611), while the third fixes an issue with h.264 LiveTV
(#6602). Users should, in theory, be able to get rid of any
post-change sleeps they put into their HD-PVR channel-change
scripts. Be warned that these patches may cause issues when using
multirec with DVB (non-HDHomeRun) tuners.
* Automatically scale number of user jobs based on system load
(#2782).
* Fix for Jumppoints not working when OSD is present (#7939).
* Improved detection of audio tracks when transcoding (my variant on
#1841).
* Avoid scheduling back-to-back recordings on the same card even if on
the same channel (#8429). Primarily of interest to multirec
users. "Always" enables this feature, while "Different Channels" and
"Never" are the preexisting options.

--
Yeechang Lee <y...@pobox.com> | San Francisco CA US